[[titleTag|See instructions below for vaginal swab collection.]]
- You can obtain the test swab from SYNLAB sample collection points.
- It is not recommended to collect the sample while menstruating.
- Do not collect the sample during pregnancy or three months after giving birth.
- The use of vaginal contraceptives, condoms and water-based lubricants is allowed.
- The test swab is for single use only.
Please take the position for vaginal swab collection that is most comfortable for you, e.g., standing with feet slightly apart and one leg slightly elevated (similarly to the insertion of a tampon), or lying down and holding the knees slightly apart.
Use the thin cotton swab attached to the cap of a plastic tube to collect the sample.
[[instructionDetailTag|1|STEP|Wash your hands thoroughly before collecting the sample. Remove the cap with the attached cotton swab from the tube.|#|]]
[[instructionDetailTag|2|STEP|Insert the tip of the cotton swab at a depth 3-4cm into the vagina and swirl the tip of the swab 8-12 times against the vaginal wall.|#|]]
[[instructionDetailTag|3|STEP|Then, place the swab back into the tube.|#|]]
[[instructionDetailTag|4|STEP|Write your name and the date and time the sample was collected on the tube.|#|]]
[[instructionDetailTag|5|STEP|Put the tube into a special plastic bag that comes with the kit. Take the sample to the nearest SYNLAB sample collection point the same day.|#|]]